1.02.2016

It's here!

Well, I finally did it. Looking back on 2015, the thing I wanted to accomplish the most was my cookbook and I did it. I waited until the last possible minute, but it got done. I spent so much time toiling over the photos and design, wanting to have this perfectly Kinfolk-esque cookbook to blow people's minds and at the end of the day I just had to realize that I really wasn't doing this to make some sort of hipster statement. This was for Nonna. More than anything, it was about sharing her legacy. She could've cared less about how something like a cookbook looked. Most of her recipes were hand written and stapled into a folder.

So, I got to it. It was so fun to give to family and friends for Christmas and to hear how excited everyone was to have her recipes in hand.

Anyone is welcome to have one, they are indeed for sale! Purchase here: La Buona Tavola.

So it's January 2 and I have a big year ahead of me. I'm about one month into my new job, baby #1 coming in June and Jon is continuing to push Brave Aesthetics forward. We ended 2015 and began 2016 in Ensenada with some of our closest friends. It was a blast. Literally. Neighbors shooting fireworks all night. Jon and I are so blessed by our community. I could probably write about it forever, but I won't. You're welcome. 

For now I'll just say, I really do hope to be on here more to document pregnancy and the life of Baby Allen! May this year be full of blessings for all. 

Isaiah 43:19 For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.