10.09.2012

Welcoming Fall with Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread

I love Fall. I don't know of any girl in my close circle of friends who doesn't! There is something so cozy and romantic about a season that gets chilly enough to put on a cute peacoat or snuggle up by a fireplace with a good book and cup of tea. Of course, I am referring to a San Diego Fall, which is really nothing like a season change around the rest of the country.

Well, as soon as the Autumn leaves start changing, and Starbucks releases their pumpkin spice lattes, that means it's time to start celebrating, even if it is still 80 degrees. I celebrated with grain-free/dairy-free chocolate chip pumpkin bread! I abuse pumpkin puree until January comes around and it is time to use another flavor to bake with.



This bread had turned out so moist and delicious every time I've made it. In fact, I'm eating a piece with my coffee as I share it with you!

Ingredients
  • Just under 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp cloves
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
  • 3/4 cup honey or agave
  • 4 eggs
  • chocolate chips to your taste
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together (except chocolate chips) and in a separate bowl combine all the wet ingredients. Blend dry ingredients into the wet mix until coconut flour is well incorporated. Add chocolate chips last. Line a bread pan with parchment paper (it is easier to remove the moist bread) or prepare a muffin pan (will make about 8 muffins). Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool and enjoy! 

What are your favorite Fall desserts?