10.18.2012

A Baking Mission

Today, I was on a mission. Jon left today for his Bachelor Party Weekend in Arizona and we were going to have lunch so I thought I'd bake him (and the groomsmen) something tasty for the road. So he remembers what he is coming home to ;)

Since I still had some pumpkin puree left, I made chocolate chip pumpkin bars. I was in such a hurry that the only picture I got was in the car when they were already in a tupperware. They still look delicious though!


Adapted from Elana's Pantry
Ingredients

  • 1/3 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup coconut oil
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup pumpkin puree
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/3 cup chocolate chips


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients together and then add in dry ingredients until well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips last and spread batter into an 8x8 baking dish. Bake for 20-30 minutes, cool and enjoy!

So easy and tasty!